This is a lot easier then you may think! Lets go by steps
- Open up your "Documents or My Documents" folder
- Locate the folder named "Electronic Arts" - double click to open
- Locate and select "sims 4" folder - double click to open
- There you will find the "Mods" folder. - double click to open
- Inside this folder is where you place the .package files you have downloaded for your game. It should appear in your game the next time you load it.
- Keep a copy of your mods foler before adding cc. This keeps your favorite downloads safe.
- When you download a package (cc) keep in mind the name of that file. This is so that if your game does not load or other issues occur, it could be from a corrupt package file. Then you can remove it from your mods folder.
- You will need to restart your sims 4 game each time you add cc for it to appear in game.
Hope this helps!